Tuesday 5 June 2018

Best Part of Me Poetry


Learning Intentions
I am learning to use language features to make my writing interesting and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to think carefully about the words I use so that my writing is descriptive and engaging
for the reader.
I am learning to add an appropriate visual to my work

I will be successful when I can show….
-I have used some language features to make my writing interesting and engaging (smile, metaphor,
alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhyme)
-I have carefully chosen some interesting words to include in my writing
-I have some descriptive words in my writing (adjectives)
-I have added a photo to my writing


My hands, my hands all tanned and creased. Sometimes oneone gets stuck in them.
My hands, my hands they help me paint. They zip up and down the art canvas to paint a mountain face
. My hands, my hands they move the pòro(ball) and pass it down the basketball court to the karaka
(hoop). My hands, my hands that steer my body board and hold the handlebars of my bike. My hands,
my  hands they make me kaukau-swim (with a little help from my long legs). My hands, my hands they
are the best, that is why I like my hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.