Monday 5 November 2018

Descriptive Writing

For the last few days we have been doing descriptive quick writes and using pictures to give us writing prompts. I have been using the same charterer for mine.
For more information go to Abandoned places quick write.



Smokey City

The blades from the black Nh90 helicopter whirred above Me. I was ready to  tūpeke (jump). My name is Eric Hanson and I work for the U.S.A.F. I had been sent to an abandoned city in the east of Chile.
I jumped from the toparere ( Helicopter)and free falled down to a crumbly, concrete, ghost City. The big City Smelled of petrol and dust and really didn’t want to stay up. The big buildings loomed above the forest that had grown up in the streets. It was creepy and smelly and there was no way it could became a city again. Every single street was filled with trees. The doors of the buildings had been cleared so you could get inside but it would never be a city.The grey buildings were filled with cracks and creaked under the weight of themselves. I thought they sounded like Major Harris groaning when he had his leg amputated.  I fiddled with a lock and pulled up a heavy concrete door that was in the ground. I held on to the rusty old ladder and walked slowly to an underground bunker. Aarrgghh. Below the ground it Stunk of mortar, solphar and petrol plus a big ball of gas coughing I hurried through a passage and rushed up another ladder Smash!!! I tripped over a table and fell into the dusty wall. I was in what looked like a big spy base. There were lines of computers on tables all through the big hall.

Suddenly I saw carpenters rebuilding the buildings outside and big skyscrapers looking into the sky. There were billboards everywhere the streets were full and bustling with people. Wait this didn’t seem right a few minutes ago the city was crumbling to bits and there was nowhere near lots of people down there. But now it was full. I stumbled backwards and fell on a big machine which fell to the ground and smashed. At once the city was old and crumbley again and someone was yelling at me. After I got out of trouble I went outside to have a look around. There were lines and lines of buildings all old and falling to bits. They smelt disgusting and I noticed the every building door wasn’t old in fact they were all new and well used by the Air force. The apartments were old and stuffy. Well just forgotten. Half of the city was smashed and smoked with heat. It seemed that the thing that happened had just happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.